Friday 13 November 2015

Individual Pitch

Pitch for Film Opening

My Pitch was about my idea for the opening 2 minutes of a film.
At first, I had a few names in mind such as "The Basement", "Torture" or "The Torturing". However, after doing some research, I found out there are already movies with these titles, so I think the movie will be called "Torture Underground" or "Underground Torture". However, this is something that may change later on in the production process.




This is the video I had playing when I did my pitch. I timed it so that what was playing was relevant to what I was saying.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bronwen, Mr Burrowes here. I've viewed your pitch and read the post, and here's a few thoughts:
    First up, I liked the pitch: you’re clearly giving thought to what will work and not just get marks but look good on screen within this particular brief. You’re clear on where you’re getting inspiration from, and the garage footage looked as if it had potential! Its challenging to do enough to get top marks from just one location, you’d need to think here about how/what you could be cross-cutting – Saw’s TV device could work well, as this (the ‘video’ playing on it) could feature other locations!
    Nonetheless, having gone through Kristian and Sophie’s, also two very clear ideas, I’d urge you to team up (as you suggested yourself in the pitch!). You could take elements of all three ideas, with the benefit of three people for casting, camera operation, location scouting, set-dressing, delegating and sharing blog work, contacts and casting… Yours and Sophie’s are closely linked: Saw has aspects of psychological thriller; Kristian is also looking at horror, and all of you need some well designed ‘sets’ (putting your mark on a location for filming) to succeed, plus a tight soundtrack – music and sound FX are especially crucial to all sub-genres of horror!
    If you team up and develop a new/combined idea, let me know so I can give some quick feedback and you can all start getting practice shoots etc done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOME reflection on this and the group pitch would be sensible - part of the JOURNEY!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.